Thursday, January 8, 2009

Calling all prayers.

I just returned from the hospital, where I spent time with a family that just delivered a beautiful boy, Zachary, straight into Jesus' hands. It is not my story to tell, but I want to ask you for prayers for them tonight. I wish I could say I do not know the pain, but I do and I struggle with the ways of the world tonight. I ask that God reveals Himself to this family, that He provides them with the quiet wishes of His love and that they are able to see His ways, as painfully tragic as this is.

I ask that God is the first to walk in the hospital room when they recieve visitors, and that it is His ways that guide our words and thoughts.

I request that God sits with all the parents that have lost their children, that parents know the love they feel from God is so much greater in Heaven and that is where their children live. No matter what the age of a child, I believe God takes them all in, no matter what choices they made while here on earth. My God is a merciful one, I know that.

Thank you for praying with me,
Jenn

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a blessing to this family you have been. To go to them in their hour of need knowing it would throw you right back in the midst of the saddness could only be prompting from God and a servants heart.
Well Done My Friend. Well Done.

Elizabeth said...

I think God has spoken to you loud and clear that this is a definite path for you to take in order to honor Harrison and to continue healing. By helping this family, you have not only made a lasting impression on them but have shown the whole world the power of love. God bless!