Saturday, February 7, 2009

The most magical place...

Whoa! What a week! This week we surprised Gavyn and Emilia with a big, huge trip...to Disney World! It was amazing. We loved it. I am so exhausted, but before I went to bed, I had to share this one completely, tear-swelling moment I had.

On Wednesday, Gavyn and I went to the Magic Kingdom by ourselves. (Emi was sick...yuck...she also wanted only her Daddy...yea!) So Gavyn and just did what ever his little heart wanted, which was to meet the princesses. To give you a little picture of what that looks like, the princesses have their own little special area where you wait in line and then you are ushered in for some one on one time with Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle. So Gavyn and I do this...and it is cold outside, so there are very few people at the park, which allows Gavyn some extra one-on-one time. So he is chatting it up with Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. I mean really chatting.So much so, that when we get back that night, he tells Daddy that was his favorite thing and he would like to draw Cinderella a picture and take it to her the next day. So he does draw the picture. Low and behold, on Thursday, the very first thing he wants to do is go see the princesses. (He also changed his shirt to go; sighting the shirt I picked out as ridiculous to see the princess in.) So in we go again. As we walk in, Cinderella says "Gavyn!" before we even got up to her...she remembered him from Wednesday. (See any resemblance?)

I had to hold back the tears. He was in love...she was so kind and even though we held up the line...she spent even more time with him on Thursday. He gave her the picture he made her and she so graciously accepted it, asking him if she could take it home and hang it on her castle wall. Then she laid one of the biggest (and sweetest) kisses on my little guy.




Later, when we went to the parade, guess who's carriage stopped right in front of us?. I could tell he thought it was just for him... I'm sure it was.














Love,
Jenn

2 comments:

jodi said...

How sweet!

Brenda Thacker said...

That is so sweet! He is quite the little prince, isn't he? He was so cute helping Brian collect the offering at church this morning! I'm glad that you guys had such a great trip, and I'm sorry that Emi was sick.