I am posting in the middle of the day...I know you are wondering where Gavyn and Emi are...blessed are moms helpers. Wait, I think that should read blessed are moms who have helpers! Way too many years ago, I was a nanny for two of the sweetest girls and somehow in the blink of an eye, they grew up. Now the oldest is going to middle school just blocks from my house and she comes on Wednesday to help out. We can't wait for her younger sister to (hopefully) do the same in a couple of years. This is my sanity time of the week.
So I sit up in my room, usually, and try to find peace in the world. Sometimes that means a little Bible study, or laundry folding, or even a little Oprah time. I really try to make this "me" time. So much of the time as a mom, I try to be busy at whatever I have going on in my life and I tend to forget that me time is necessary. This is my time to just be still. It is whatever brings a little joy in my life.
I hope that everyone has a little of this time. I know for some it is the drive to/from work, before bed, or exercising in the morning (definitely not for me, ha, ha!). Seriously, I hope that sometime you have a little time to just sit and commune with God and do what you need.
So that's my post for now...I have to get back to my "me" time.
Love,
Jenn
Park City Utah
4 years ago





3 comments:
My "me" time is usually when the kids are in bed and Shawn is asleep on the couch. It is usually spent checking out your blog to see if there are any new posts. I love to see new ones. Keep them coming! May God bless you and yours more everyday! Enjoy your "me" time. Love always, Elizabeth
"Me" time is so important, but is so difficult for me to accept and take. Kip really has been doing a wonderful job of "forcing" me to take time away at least once a week. It certainly does refresh you, but often I find I am at a total loss as to what I should do or where I should go to take my "me" time. Monday evening I simply went to my parent's quiet house and took a long HOT bubble bath while sipping a large French vanilla Moolatte from DQ with a candle lit:) Is that silly or what?! May God bless you with as many "ME moments" as you need:) I love reading your blog - - thanks for writing.
Thank you for all the "me" time you gave me the many hours you took care of my girls...we are happy to return the time to you :) Love and blessings and Z will see you Wed...love, kel
Post a Comment