In this last year, death has been too present. Life has been too short. Sometimes it feels okay that life is short, because I really want to see Harrison and I comfort myself knowing that this life is short...eternity will be exactly that...forever with Harrison. Other times, I just want Gavyn and Emi to stay this young and I want to enjoy every little moment, because I know this will not last. At other times, I feel overwhelmed by their needs and the needs of my family, because I just want to curl up in a ball and pray fervently that this baby growing in my tummy will live. But then someone needs a glass of milk, or the Star Wars legos won't fit together right and I am snapped back into reality.
The reality is I have four children. Whether they are here on earth or in heaven, they are a lot of responsibility. Although I love each of them, it can be a lot, especially when you know the truth is that only God knows...and I really want to know, it feels like I need to know. Which is why I have a doppler by my bedside, at my disposal any time. It is also why I no longer apologize when I call the doctors' office whenever something doesn't feel right, I am needy and I acknowledge that. So when I pray to God for direct desires and I don't thank Him for all the beauty I am already surrounded by, I no longer have guilt on that either. Although I try to be more grateful, He knows me inside and out. He knows my desires and my blessings without me actually having to say them.
I want to be able to buy things pink, without wondering if she will ever get to wear them, I want to be excited about this baby, but most of the time, it is too hard. I just buried my baby and I still long to hear him cry. I weep at the thought I will only see his sweet face in pictures. It is so sad knowing that the other pictures will be changed out, but Harrison's sweet little face will never grow up, at least not here on earth. The thought of doing all this again is unbelievably hard. Yet, here I am. I will be the Lord's servant, even when it seems too much.
Now if we are children , then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if we indeed share in his sufferings in order that we may share in his glory. Romans 8:17
His glory is worth it!
Love,
Jenn





3 comments:
Beautifully written Jenn. Remember that God's grace is sufficient. He is right there with you and will carry you through. I know all too well the feelings you are having right now! Hugs to you!
BTW, I love Harrison's grave marker ;) Simple and sweet.
Kim
Just take it one day at a time. I think you are being courageous. God is not surprised by your fears, nor is he angry at your disappointment and worry.
How I wish it could just be September and you'd have baby girl to hold and love and dress in pink.
It's coming. You will have your miracle.
Praying for you. I have many of these feelings too. I just wish that I could sleep until he is here. Just wake me up when it's over and he's safe in my arms. Thinking of you!
Post a Comment