Thursday, July 9, 2009

Playing Ketch-up

Oh, I know how can I use that as my title? Well if you know this family, you know that which brand you buy matters a lot, so as I was writing the title correctly (catch-up, not ketch-up) I had to change the spelling. Brian works for the company that produces Hunts, NOT that other brand...so anytime I hear ketch-up, this is were my mind goes. (I think my non-pregnant mind concentrates better then this!)

Just wanted to let you know what is going on in our lives. We have really tried to enjoy more of summer and less of everything else. Gavyn has only had a sprinkling of play dates and we have all really enjoyed having everyone here. The company that Brian works for has a summer hours plan that gives all the employees half days on Friday, which has given us even more family time. We've actually gotten quite a bit done on these days. (Usually, they have been less productive then any other day of the week!)

Emi is just about completely potty trained. I have started entrusting her out of the house with panties on. She has done an excellent job. She also announced last week that she would no longer be sleeping in her crib and has been doing an amazing job in her big girl bed!

Unfortunately, this sudden move to complete independence left us with a crib to place...I wish I could say the decision was easy. We really debated what to do. It seemed silly to take it apart and put it in the basement, but setting up the room we have called Harrison's also seemed out of place. We ended up putting the crib in our sitting room off our bedroom. I am not setting the room up as a nursery yet, but the crib is located in there and I hope that at some point I feel that we can prepare our house for a baby. I may have to bring our little girl home before this happens though. I also have to give myself some slack and realize that this is okay and quite frankly a bit natural for me. (You know, embrace the new normal kind of thing.)

Gavyn has been a huge helper this summer. He plays extremely well with Emi and has more patience than either Brian or I. He still creates arts and craft activities in mind numbing frequency, but he does a good job picking up, so I can't complain. He also likes setting up businesses and selling things. The other day he wanted to go buy a bunch of toys and sell them to his friends...always my entrepreneur.

Baby girl is doing well. She is right on target for her size. We start our weekly appointments tomorrow. We will rotate every other week between Dr. Jones and our high risk OB, Dr. Bonebrake. Our plan at this time is to make it to 37 weeks and do an amnio, then if that is good, we will induce. I think 12 more weeks is seriously all I can handle, yet I desperately want to make it there. I talk a lot to God about these desires of mine. I know he hears me...I just want him to listen and do what I say! Sometimes it is hard to sit back and let Him be the Father.

I am going to leave you with some pictures of our summertime activities...


Wow! Am I ever growing!


Swim time!


Gavyn and Daddy on the Skyfari at the zoo.



"They've got the whole world..."





Relaxation time.


Love,
Jenn

No comments: