Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Did you just read that ticker? 8 days...I haven't decided if this is short or long. I don't think I really "get it." It's been one of those weeks where it is rather busy, but the time ticks away too. Monday, I went in for my regular OB appt and Miss Charlotte decided to sleep through her non stress test. Let me explain...she slept, refusing to wake, while we were trying to gage her heartbeat during resting and active periods...not exactly what we had in mind. We tried OJ, and this buzzer thing that they put on my tummy right where her head is and it emits this terrible sound like(if your a farmer) a cattle prod. It startled her a bit, but then she went right back to sleep. Seriously. Now, at this point, I am bit emotional. The nurse practitioner wasn't exactly looking much calmer, instead they rushed me over to the hospital to see my perinatologist. (I made it over there so fast, they hadn't gotten my paperwork yet.) Anyway, after 2 and 1/2 hours, she woke up and did everything perfectly. A big part of me wanted to beg for some steroids to develop her lungs more fully and admit myself for constant supervision. The other part knew I have to give her the best and one more week, is the best. (Plus, I hadn't showered, so I thought a shower would be a good thing too.) Anyway, kick counts R us and I may strap my Doppler around my belly. :)

Today my girlfriend called and shared this powerful correlation...living in God's house is a lot like living with your parents. You have to follow their rules, even though you don't like them. That has followed me everywhere today. How amazingly true. Every time I said no to Gavyn and Emi today, this thought came back.

"No, you can not have ice cream. It's 5 o'clock, dinner will be ready soon."

"No you can not play a game that Emi is the bad guy and you kick her."

"No, you can not tinkle on that!"

God has my best interests in mind, even though I would like to set the rules myself, He knows best. I can't tell you how many books I have read searching for this logic. He is pretty amazing sticking this in my mind right now, when I need it the most.

How many times have we questioned our parents logic, thinking we knew best, only to see it clearly later. How many times have I questioned what God has in store for me?

I am living in His house. I will try to remember the rules better. The beauty is, even when I fail, He will love me anyway.

Love,
Jenn

1 comment:

Jill said...

You've got to listen to this Hillsong "Desert Song" on youtube. Her story is so similar to yours. Bring tissues you'll need them, but the message is so worth the tears.
Praying for the next seven days and counting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY