I want to say that I am the kind of mom/wife that ends her day with a clean house. You know the kind that does the dishes, rather than leave them in the sink...and I want to be...especially in the morning...but it's about a 60/40 chance that there will be stuff out in the morning. (60 % I did it, 40% I was hoping it would be done when I woke.) So today, Sunday of all days, I had to wake up to a bit of a mess in the kitchen and as I happily cleaned up the dishes (my parents were here, so I was grateful that I had a mess.) I loaded the dishes in the dishwasher and poured in the detergent, only to fall short the needed amount. Now rather than get aggrevated about this, I smiled...these dishes my dad ate off of didn't have soap...
There was a time as a child, that my dad ran out of soap for the dishwasher. (He was "in charge" of turning on the machine after lunch.) As a good problem solver, Dad had no hesitantion as to how to "solve" this problem...just add liquid dishwashing soap. Have you ever seen Mr. Mom, the movie? Umm, let's just say the kitchen floor ended up VERY clean also.
So here I am short of the required soap. As I inwardly chuckled at my dad's problem solving, I thought about other ways I have come up short...other times I have been "short" and how I have substituted inappropriately. As a Christian, I often know the path God wants me to lead, but I fall short and I go another way. I substitute the easier way of doing things and fall short of the path God wants me on, the path He calls me to be on. I forget to go to Him first, I just go and do what I want. I fall short.
Like the problem of not having properly prepared and purchased enough soap, I forget to renew myself with Him every moment of every day. I fall short. Sometimes, I have to fall to see His saving Grace. I have to wash the dishes by hand, or I have to flood the kitchen with bubbles...whatever it takes to see how I fall short and He loves me anyway, in spite of my shortcomings, in fact because of them. I fall to Him. The Lord is good that way.
Your raisin fingered follower,
Jenn
Park City Utah
4 years ago





2 comments:
What a great lesson! Do you mind if Kurt and I use this as an example for our High School Sunday School class? I can think of sooo many more examples of my life falling short.
Your words are an inspiration to all of us!
hey jenn....got your comment on my blog and wanted to jump over here to say hi....I am a reader...maybe more like a lurker ;) of your blog too! :) thanks for the sweet comment....yes it does go by sooo fast...as you know! She has really grown up in the last month....getting sassy and throwing fits and starting to say words...and almost walkiing!!! hold onto every minute you have with your beautiful miss charlotte! btw...missing your updates.... :)
Post a Comment