Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2


I keep repeating He is my salvation, He is my salvation...and I believe it, but it still hurts. I know it always will.

I met with Dr. Taylor today. Again, there is no one in my life accidentally. He spent the time with me, time that I didn't know I had longed for. Dr. Taylor lost his first child at 40 1/2 weeks. Same thing, his wife didn't feel the baby kicking and they went in. He said it was by the far the worst day in his life.

I know, I know.

They never had an answer. I may never have an answer here in this lifetime. Trying to come to terms with this may be something I have to do. I don't know how, I may not have a choice. He is my salvation...

Comforting words came from Dr. Taylor. As he listened, he recognized those feelings through his own anguish and said what I needed to hear. "Once there is no movement, there is nothing you can do." There is nothing I wouldn't do to have those moments to do over again, wondering if I could have changed things. Thank you Lord for letting me hear Your voice through the voice of others.

On a totally different subject, we have really enjoyed all the delicious GF meals that have been given to us by so many neighbors, friends and fellow church members. Gavyn and Emi have loved all the different meal selections. Side dishes are not my "thing." (Meat, frozen veggie, can of fruit, that would be typical) Anyway, the other night we had a yummy jello/marshmallow salad. It was so atypical that Emi thought it was birthday cake and proceeded to sing "Happy Birthday" to herself. Of course.

We should have all the blood work from the tests they ran on me sometime Friday. We pray for the Lord to continue to hold us in the palm of his hand.

Jenn

2 comments:

kim said...

I'm glad that your doctor had compassion and took time for you. Hope today brings you peace that passes all understanding.

Kim

Jill said...

Anxious to hear what Dr. Taylor has to say tomorrow.
What a "God Thing" that he has walked in your shoes. What a blessing to know that he's made it through to the other side and that while he still remembers and counts that day as the worst, there is peace and joy to come.
Wishing you a weekend filled with little bits of joy.