We had quite the day. Memories...memories. The truck battery would not turn over. In the last nine weeks, this has happened three times. In fact nine weeks ago, I called my dear friend Molly to pick Gavyn up from preschool, because the battery had to be replaced, inconveniently at the same time I was to pick up Gavyn. I was so pregnant then. I didn't know this would be the first of many panicked phone calls to her. I'm sorry, my innocence at a mere battery problem seems so inappropriate now. Anyway, they said the battery was changed. Turns out it wasn't. So today, back we went and in came the memories of happier times. Times when I thought God was testing me for milk spilled or batteries that run low. Now I visit my baby in a cemetery. And yet I still remember God is good.
We went to the cemetery to day and Gavyn bent down to Harrison's little grave and said "Hi Harrison, I love you and I hope you have fun Trick-or-Treating with Jesus tonight." I love that he knows, he knows Heaven is fun.
Here are a couple pics of Gavyn and Emi...
Even kitty-cat Emilia is never far from her "pink."
Storm trooper Gavyn





3 comments:
What cuteness you have in those two! I'm sorry you had car trouble, that stinks! I thought alot about Lucy today since it would have been her first halloween. It will be that way for all of the "firsts", but it sure is hard....I am sure for you too.
Hugs tonight.
Love the costumes. Hope the pants fit better this time around.
Gavyn looks the part perfectly. Someday soon I expect him to jump out and start repeating lines from the movies.
Hope this "new battery" means you won't have to deal with the car problems again. What a pain!!
Praying that today will be filled with sunshine and hope in your heart.
They are adorable. I know these times are a reminder of memories you anticipated to make. I thought of you all and longed to see little Harrison in his costume. How dear it is that Gavyn wished Harrison a happy halloween with Jesus. He DOES know and that is a testiment to you and Brian. We love you guys!!
Post a Comment