I'm tired of hearing well meaning, but definitely the wrong things, being said to me. The next person that asks if we are going to "try" again, I will not be giving the pat answer "We can't imagine at this time." I will be stating the truth...I am mourning my son, Harrison. No one could ever replace him, nor would we try to. We've done more than tried. I've given birth to three amazing children. Saying less then this seems, now, a sacrifice to my own self.
Now, on the lighter side of this, I have decided against the matching t-shirt and sign for my front yard. Ya know, the one in light blue and chocolate colored script...I've thought about it.
Yesterday, Gavyn said,
"I was thinking...maybe Harrison was too special for us and that's why he had to go to God."
"You're right Gavyn. Harrison was soo special."
"Yea, but Emi (he shrugs his shoulders while saying this) is not too special, so she got to be with us..."
Okay, if you know Emi, she is a bit...well...demanding. (She'll sock us later when she learns to read.)
And Emi...she misses Harrison too. We have to tell her how Harrison will not be with us here on earth. It breaks my heart every time she asks if he is still in my tummy. She said tonight at the dinner table, "I want to hold Harrison in my room." Our kids are so blessed to love their rooms, of course she wanted to hold him in her room. I close my eyes and I can see this.
Disappointment is hard. I know God is here, but I know He could have changed things. It is extremely difficult to understand why He didn't. Someday, I will know. Accepting that He will not whisper that answer in my ear is so, again, disappointing.
Lord,
Just sit with me tonight.
Show me how to give you glory.
Jenn





2 comments:
Dissapointment is so appropriate. It's so real. I'm angry too that Harrison is not in your cute little nursery hearing Emmi tip toe in and sing to him or show him Elmo or having Gavyn show off his Star Wars guys.
I'm dissapointed that this year's Christmas Card won't have Harrison in it.
I wish that at Preschool drop off you had to stay in the car with a little baby who couldn't stand the cold.
But I know too that God is ok with that anger and sorrow. He totally gets it.
I know too that God alone can handle it.
Praying tonight that you will be able to rest in the peace that God has Harrison and he's being loved beyond words.
Just wanted you to know that I remembered two day is the two month anniversary of Harrison's entry into our hearts.
Wish today was a celebration rather than a rememberance, but trusting God and Harrison are celebrating. Can you imagine the worship service they had today?
Post a Comment