Retail therapy. Everyone talks about it and quite frankly, I used to like indulging in the habit myself. Until the last two months. Part of me is glad that I had prepared to be in the house this winter, but for such different reasons. What I would give to have those reasons here with me...to hear my baby fussing, to hold my sweet Harrison. Anyway, I had to go shopping. I feel like I can skip Thanksgiving, but Christmas is probably not going to go away. And pictures have new meaning in our life...Christmas cards should be sent out...pictures of my children on earth. Back to my shopping trip. There were no navy sweaters for Gavyn, but there were plenty of outfits for Harrison. I tried to walk in to a store, head down, and spot only the big boy section, but then those retail places always section off the boy and girl sections. I look up and there are the sweet little outfits I had deemed on September 12 as too expensive and now they're on sale! Now, the bargain shopper I am, actually checked to see if they had a 6 month size. And then I remembered, cruelly, that I didn't have a baby, that poor Harrison was in Heaven, that I can't dress him up. Once again, a trip to the mall that ended painfully. Who would have known?
I think I will shop online.
Shopping just reminds me that I am searching for things I do not have; things I want, but do not have. And I have much. God has given me much. I am thankful. I am not overjoyed, but humbly thankful.
Jenn
ps. My bargain shopping, fabulous friend, Molly, found me not one, but two navy sweaters! Thanks.
Park City Utah
4 years ago





4 comments:
I am sorry that doing the things you once enjoyed are yet another reminder of not having Harrison here. Glad I could help with Gav's stuff. Hope you have a good day. Love you!
Jenn,
Your pain breaks my heart. If there is anything I can do for you way over here in Kansas, please let me know.
If you are really going to shop online, you might check out upromise.com. They are free and online retailers will contribute money for your kids college funds if you buy from them. If you were gonna buy from them anyway, you might as well get some money back! :)
Hope Thanksgiving goes well for you. At least there will be pie! :)
Again, if there is anything you need...just let me know. I don't know where you are, but if you need a sitter, I could make the drive! (Just kidding!)
God bless
Leave it to Molly to find what you're looking for, and when she does find it, it's usually 80%off!
I am here praying for you...God bless you this Thanksgiving weekend. P.S. Holidays are HARD in sooooo many ways. arg!
I'm thankful for you and thinking of you today. It is so hard to not have our babies with us on this holiday. When all the family gathers together it makes me think of Lucy, and how our holiday should have been so different.
Blessings to you my friend, I'm missing Harrison right along with you today.
Hugs, Kim
Post a Comment